Thursday, March 13, 2003

If there's anything more irritating than a gorgeous movie star, it's a gorgeous movie star who you can't blow off as a vapid idiot. Quick to remind us of just how unattractive and mediocre we all are, Netscape offers its Top Ten Ivy League Superstars. Featuring at #5, the Celebrity I Most Wish I Was (Claire Danes), and at #2 The Celebrity I Was Perfectly Content Believing to Be Dumb as Dirt and Who I Now Must Feel Inferior To (Julia Stiles.) Though Julia does score points with me by relating her awkwardness with freshman year getting-to-know you games with surprising self-deprecation:

"I was reluctant to stand out," she wrote. "Two years ago, during freshman orientation, when everyone goes around and says their name and where they are from and what their favorite animal is and what they want to be when they grow up, I had no idea how to handle the idea of my profession ... should I make a joke about it and say, 'Hi, I'm Julia. I'll be majoring in English. My favorite animal is a Siberian tiger, and perhaps you've seen me is such hit movies as "Save the Last Dance" and "10 Things I Hate About You" '?

I figured the joke wouldn't go over well," she continued, "so I refrained from saying anything about acting. I approached the start of college in utter denial of the fact that I had been in any movies whatsoever."


Not a bad idea, considering the caliber of her acting in those fine films. HA! Cheap Shot! I feel better! She may be beautiful and brilliant, but she's got a mediocre hollywood career! Nyah Nyah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home