Friday, March 14, 2003

Senate passes ban on dilation and extraction procedures

Fantastic. A group of crusty old white men has determined that my fetus is more important than me. Well, they did include a proviso that I think wasn't in the original bill that allows exceptions to save the mother's life. But they kept the vague wording that critics say can be applied to much more benign and commonplace procedures. I am shocked that this vote wasn't at all closer. I'm fearful that this is a momentum swing in the opposite direction. I'm going to go volunteer to work on somebody's 2004 campaign. I don't care who's. A recent national poll indicated that an "unidentified democrat" would beat GWB if the election were held tomorrow. Dick Gephart on the Daily Show said he was considering changing his name to "Unidentified Democrat."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home