Friday, June 27, 2003

I have seen the future, and it is blonde

Got a sneak preview of Legally Blond 2 last night. As a big fan of the first one, I have to say that #2 is rather funny, but not quite up to par. The formula is stale, the writers were playing for the exact same jokes, and it seemed to take itself a bit too seriously. It was less "Election" and more....I don't know...what's a move that should make fun of itself but doesn't? And I don't remember the first one being quite this cheesy. I actually cringed with embarassment when Elle Woods has a heart-to-heart soul-wrenching late-night monologue with Honest Abe at the Lincoln Memorial. That said, there are some hilarious moments, most involving the brutal mockery of Washington DC suits. That redeems it well enough for me. SueAndNotU gives it 2.5 stars.

Oh, plus I won a Legally Blonde 2 wife-beater. I had to whack some short girls to get it. I rule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home