Thursday, July 31, 2003

Is anyone else getting sick of this line about GWB having the great re-election position of being an incumbent who won two wars? I mean, was there really a great big surprise that we won them? He won two wars because he started two wars. Partial retraction for Afghanistan, which I supported and which we didn't provoke. But my larger point is: I could win five wars if I were president, just by going and getting IN five wars. So is that really the standard we want to set? Just go get in more wars! We'll win for sure and people will vote for you! We spend more on our military than the rest of the world combined, and somebody's going to be all impressed when we win? Come on. It's like thinking the Denver Broncos are really amazing because they just creamed Pohick Junior High's Fighting Eagles in a series of games that weren't even scheduled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home