Friday, July 25, 2003

Things I am Thankful For

Enjoyable interviews:
It's surprisingly refreshing to have an interviewer ask your opinion on the direction of reforms in post-Soviet states, rather than your opinion on appropriate filing techniques. If nothing else, I'm grateful for the good conversation, and the kindly assumption of intelligence.

Weekend plans:
Free beer and hotdogs on Saturday, anti-prom party on Saturday night, beach trip on Sunday.

My boyfriend's new tattoo:
Now if he'd only get a motorcycle, I'd just about have my bringing-him-home-to-meet-the-parents fantasy fulfilled.

Au bon Pain:
For that fresh mozarella and tomato pesto sandwich they keep making me buy

Hops and Barley:
I'm so glad you both exist, and you both came together in a beautiful relationship more commonly known as beer. You make it worth going to work on Friday, if only for the pleasure of getting off work on Friday.

King Henry V:
Thanks for having an interesting life, and waging interesting wars, and having controversial progeny. Otherwise the book I'm reading would be really boring. I don't care if you never really said "Once more into the breach, dear friends." I think you're great. But not as great as-

Gen. Wesley Clark:
Just cuz.


I need to come up with a name for my new car when it arrives. I previously wanted to have a car named "The Hitch," but I've disowned him, so nix that. Unlike Guppy, my last car, a car of The People, this one is a bit bourgeois. Maybe Yvonne, or Cassandra. Or "My Owner is a Big Fat Sellout." We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home