Thursday, September 04, 2003

We Have 200 Couches Where you Can Sleep Tight

Fall is apparently the time of rock, and a glance through the local schedules seems to suggest that I will be spending the next two months in clubs. Or most likely, parsing down the humongous list of shows I want to see into a more manageable and cheaper list of shows I can't miss. Here's what I'm looking at:

9/15 - Dale Watson (I used to go hear this honky-tonk true-blue Austinite at Ginny's Little Longhorn Saloon for free. I would see him getting breakfast at the Omelettery on Saturday mornings. I can't believe he's coming to DC! I'll probably cry!)
9/23 - Cursive, Blood Brothers (This one will probably be cut. I already saw cursive this year.)
10/3 - Rainer Maria (for fucking sure. Every time I see them they get better. I don't care if it's not cool to like them anymore.)
10/4 - Built to Spill
10/9 - Radio 4 (One of these Brooklyn dance-rock bands. I heard one song on the Yes New York compilation, and it's fun. I'd like to hear more.)
10/10 - Hot Hot Heat
10/13 - Beulah
10/15 - Pretty Girls Make Graves (Might also get cut. I'm kind of over them, but it might be a good live show.)
10/16 - Holly Golightly (This would be for Kriston. I don't really know their stuff.)
10/18 - Interpol!! (This will be a great night.)
10/20 - Death Cab for Cutie, Mates of State

If I were to actually follow this schedule, I would be dead by Halloween. Put your money on me hitting Rainer Maria and Interpol and watching Queer Eye re-runs during the other show-times...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home