Thursday, October 09, 2003

Leave it the NYT to totally ruin a good death-match rivalry by kinda sorta endorsing the Sox when they should be mocking Bostonians mercilessly. Don't get me wrong, I hope the Sox destroy the Yankees, but rivalries are no fun unless they're predicated on complete and unadulterated animosity on both sides. No quarter. Luckily, we have Gawker to intervene:

As a rule, I do not read the Op-Ed page of the Times. Consider today: "Ground Zero" financing (boring), White House labor legislation (care? could you?), Muslims in Europe (yawn), and, worst of all, an editorial on baseball.

But... look! What an odd editorial on baseball! "With all due respect to our New York readership — Yankee fans among them," the Times says, they can't help but get all worked up over a Cubs/Red Sox World Series. Uh, excuse me?

I declare a post-season jihad against Times publisher Arthur Sulzberger Jr. and his editorial staff. If I wanted to read the fucking Boston Globe, I'd move up there -- pausing only to purchase a Kia-full of LL Bean shirts and a lobotomy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home