Monday, December 15, 2003

Country roads...

Do my eyes deceive me, or will it be 70 degrees and sunny in Shangri-La Austin when I visit next Saturday? Why, that's warm enough to roll up my jeans and sit on the outdoor patio at Crown and Anchor with a pitcher that costs as much as 1/10000 of my Saturday night bar tab! Speaking of the dread night, I realize that I spent a fair portion of it yelling at a poor boy after he claimed that he didn't care for Austin. I also forgot my credit card and may or may not have spent $20 on a chili dog that I don't remember eating or ordering.

But I said 3 Hail Marys to Our Lady of the Grey Goose and I've recovered my bearings in time for another round of holiday parties. From which I will heal in time for my one-day Austin Extravaganza featuring margaritas for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and open-toed sandals no matter what the mercury says. I've got plenty of slushy Winter Wonderland up here, so sue me for wanting a tropical christmas (with salt, please).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home