Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

...but winning pub quiz is so delightful! I don't know how much of our victory should be credited to the fact that the rest of the city was snowed under, and I prefer not to think about it. After long years of throwing back the bitter tequila shot of our own abject ignorance* at Mother Egan's pub quiz in Austin, and then regrouping for the past 6 months up here in DC, we finally pulled off top honors and took home first prize. The dubious team name was "Dude, where's my snow day?" (shut up, we didn't know we were going to win) since "John Kerry On My Wayward Son" didn't get a second's consideration. And unlike the grand tribal councils we used to assemble for pub quiz in Austin, we pulled off our coup with only 4 team members. (And since I only contribute last names of Peanuts characters and offer moral support, it's really like 3.5 members). Next week, our dynasty will probably fall, but at least our bar tab will be paid for by this week's winnings!

*I totally ripped off that line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home