Monday, August 09, 2004

Suggestions

Next Thursday I'm flying down to Dallas to pick up little sis, and drive with her up to DC where she will then take up permanent residence. We're trying to think of some good audio books to pass the time through the wasteland of Arkansas and western Tennessee. (Eastern Tennesse, starting at about Nashville, is actually quite lovely.) Although intellectually I would like something educational that I've never bothered reading (like the Iliad, or the Divine Comedy), I fear that such material may cause me to drive us into a scenic Walmart somewhere around Texarkana. And those Walmarts, I have learned, are stocked to the brim with assault rifles. So maybe something lighthearted and entertaining? Is Dave Sedaris as funny as they all say? I've already done the Bridget Jones bit. Any ideas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home