Friday, September 17, 2004

Gutter Politics

I never get too down about sordid campaign seasons stateside, because I always have before me the example of our friends around the world. John Kerry, you say you've taken your gloves off? You don't know from taking gloves off.

The opposition candidate in Ukraine's upcoming presidential election has reportedly been poisoned. I was wondering when they were going to get serious. Now we're having an election!

Also, as a side note, I'm never going to blog again, ever. Probably. I recently learned that grad school doesn't apply for itself, and I've worked myself into a nice juicy stomach ulcer looking at everything I have left to do.

Like, for starters, making a Pro/Con list for chucking in the towel and becoming a housewife or something.
Pro: No letters of recommendation required.
Con: Procreation expected.

Pro: Personal statements consist of "Bring me another bon-bon!"
Con: Personal statements actually consist of "I have a coupon for that Velveeta!"

See, it's kind of a wash. Ah, the future. Highly overrated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home