Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Kriston's raising hell over at this other website about an issue guaranteed to boil my blood: DC's lack of congressional representation.

You can yak and evade and equivocate, but there is absolutely no acceptable defense for this status quo. At least, there is no acceptable defense that does not admit a disdain for the American system of government and the idea of inalienable rights.

When I was in Georgia for their parliamentary elections, I had a startling realization in a polling station. Each of these citizens, as he casts his vote for a representative to parliament, is exercising a right that I do not share. And there I was, working my tail off to support their natural rights, while mine languished at home. Perhaps we can bring some Georgians over to DC to explain the process of popular representation to our lawmakers downtown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home