Sunday, October 17, 2004

i-Curious

I guess I never really thought about it before.

I just accepted what society told me, you know, that people are supposed to use PCs. It's natural, it's God's way. You've heard it all.

But, I mean, deep down they're all just computers, and these different makes are just social constructs that society forces on us to preserve the patriarchy of billionaire boy geniuses. What I'm saying is, people should just be with a computer and it doesn't matter if it's a PC or not.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't ever curious. Some of my friends have tried it, and it's like they're totally liberated. Sure, not everyone understands. People frown, say it's not right, it's disgusting. They stare at you when you're out together in public. But that's just their own small-minded prejudices. I'm above all that, and I'm going to do something about it.

I'm kind of nervous; I know my friends will support me but I don't know what my family will say. But I'll never know what I truly want until I try, and so, after the New Year, if I haven't chickened out, I think I might make the big switch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home