Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Czech Mate

I knew that the runaway democrats in Texas were on to something good when Willie Nelson sent them whiskey and bandannas and told them to stand their ground. I imagine the Central European analogue of this holds true, and that the Ukrainians feel like rock stars because they just got a "Go get 'em, Tiger" from major dissident hearthrob (okay, that's just my thing) Vaclev Havel:
Dear Citizens,

Allow me to greet you in these dramatic days when the destiny of your country is being decided for decades ahead. You have its future in your hands. All trustworthy organizations, both local and international, agree that your demands are just. That is why I wish you strength, perseverance, courage and good fortune with your decisions.

Yours truly,
Vaclav Havel


Though they might have preferred whiskey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home