Monday, March 07, 2005

Goat Ball

Recreation of a recent IM conversation between Kriston and myself:

ME: So I have two choices for what I can do on Saturday.

HE: ?

ME: I can go to the bazaar...

ME: ...or I can go see this sport. It's like polo except really violent horse riding and for a ball they cut off the head of a goat and use the bloody body.

HE: OH MY GOD

ME: I KNOW

ME: Clearly, shopping.

HE: GOAT BALL GOAT BALL!!!

ME: ew

HE: If you do not go and get me a bloody jersey, we're breaking up.

ME: But I need scarves!

HE: You've BEEN to markets. When can you see bloody goat ball? When they score, you can yell GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAT!

ME: That's true. Man, the Renegades [our favorite local little league team that we follow in the spring] have nothing on this.

HE: We could always cut off the head of a little leaguer.



Sorry everybody. I did not make it to goat ball, which is actually called something like buz kashi. (I have no idea how it's spelled). Word on the street was that the game didn't end up happening, so my innocence remains pure and my scarf collection has grown exponentially.

My plane home leaves in 6 hours. See you suckers soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home