Thursday, April 14, 2005

Jingo all the way

I know that Iraq isn't Viet Nam, but it still strikes me as a fairly unpopular military exercise. Last I saw, a fair split of the country isn't all that jazzed about the mess we're in. And yet, as I sit here listening to it, I can't help but think that John Prine writing today would never get away with lyrics like this, from 1971:

Your flag decal won't get you into heaven anymore
They're already overcrowded from your dirty little war
Now Jesus don't like killin', no matter what the reason's for
And your flag decal won't get you into heaven anymore.

A battle cry for our beleaguered Dems?

[As a side note, what's up with the social restrictions on drinking alone? I consider it a sign of healthy self-sufficiency. I've had a long week, I deserve a bathrobe and a bubble bath and you can socialize my pinot blanc when you pry it from my cold dead hands.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home