Friday, June 24, 2005

I Watched Basketball

Well hurrah for San Antonio.

A few quibbles.

1. Holy sweet mother of our lord Jesus Christ, can we KILL THE QUEEN MUSIC. Better yet, will somebody else PLEASE pen a catchy tune that includes the word champion, and deliver us from evil?

2. How does Tim Duncan still look sad even when he's smiling? I get all guilty-feeling when I look at him, like the weight of the world's sorrows are on his shoulders and he's about to die for my sins or something. (also: why does he speak like Richard Pryor's white guy impression?)

3. In sum, though, Duncan came up huge in the second half after having the worst playoff series of his career, and Manu Ginobili had another breakthrough performance Thursday night to lead the Spurs past the Detroit Pistons 81-74 in a Game 7 that was as thrilling as it was rare.

Ha, ha, just kidding. I only watched the last 4 minutes. Oh ho, ho.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home