Friday, June 24, 2005

The Piano Man


I must have missed this story when it broke seven weeks ago, but it has the makings of an absolutely bone-chilling, creepy movie.

To sum: seven weeks ago, this man was found aimlessly wandering an Isle off Southern England. He wore a drenched tuxedo from which all labels had been removed. Even his shoes had identifying brand marks taken out. He appeared to have lost his memory, or at least, he didn't speak a word. Nobody knew who he was, where he came from, or why he was wandering the shores, soaked, anonymous, mute.

He was taken to a hospital where the staff gave him a pen and paper, hoping for some identifying mark. A name, a nation's flag, anything. He drew an intricate rendering of a grand piano.

So the hospital staff took him to an upright piano where he shocked them with a four-hour virtuoso performance.

The whole thing gives me the heebie-jeebies. I hope somebody's working on a movie script, and I also kind of hope not because it will make me wet my pants. Look at him! If he came out of a well and said "seven days" I would disintegrate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home