Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Why I'm an Awesome Girlfriend

My request for last dinner in America is fried chicken, collard greens, and mac 'n cheese from Oohs and Aahs.

Partly because this is the stuff I'm really going to miss, but partly because I really hate the ritual ceremony of cloth-tablecloth dinners prescribed for "last meals" and "Valentine's Day" and any other landmark dates. It makes everything so stiff and uncomfortable and you're so choked on your special occassion overload and not saying bad words out loud that you can't even taste your $40 entree.

UPDATE:
Following as it did so hot on the heels of a post about my racial prejudices, is this post just my unconscious frantically trying to make amends by showing that I like soul food? Or is this update, and my correlation of soul food with black America, just another manifestation of my tortured racist soul? Somebody stop me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home