Friday, October 27, 2006

Salads Don't Have to Suck

Lunch was looking bleak. No promising leftovers in the fridge, and despite a personal credo to not worry my system with crap, I was making eyes at my roommate's Hot Pockets.

But I rummaged around a little further and, well. I've just gone and impressed the hell out of myself by concocting the most delicious yuppy salad you ever heard of. Check it out.

It's got locally grown spinach from the farmer's market last weekend, some sliced apples from my apple-picking excursion at the Carter Mountain orchard, some delicious fresh Bulgarian feta that I forgot was living in our fridge, and to top it all off, I emulsified into a vinaigrette some of the fresh sunflower oil I bought on the roadside in eastern Georgia next to the sunflower fields. Rich and nutty and pungent.

I didn't know I had it in me. Suck it, Rachel Ray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home